We interview Fr. David Subu and Daniel Silver about Doxacon, which may very well be the first Orthodox conference on science fiction and fantasy. The event will take place July 19-21, 2013, in Springfield, Virginia, and it is sponsored by Protection of the Holy Mother of God Orthodox Church.
On tonight's "Orthodoxy Live," host Fr. Evan Armatas discusses the responsibility of wedding sponsors, ways to enhance prayer, dialoguing with Evangelical friends who don't value the physical world, and C. S. Lewis.
From the Speaking the Truth in Love archives Fr. Thomas Hopko examines who the Myrrhbearing Women were and clears up some misconceptions about Mary Magdalene in the process.
Bobby Maddex interviews Nicholas Reeves, Assistant Professor of Liturgical Music at St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary, about an upcoming master class on the interpretation of Orthodox sacred music. The class will be led by Maestro Vladimir Gorbik and held at St. Seraphim of Sarov Orthodox Church in Santa Rosa, California.
Charles Ajalat joins us to talk about a letter being circulated in Congress that calls for action to be taken by the State Department to secure the release of the two Archbishops being held in Syria. We urge you to call your congressional representative and urge them to sign the Sherman Letter.
Bobby Maddex interviews Vlad Morosan, the director of the professional choral group Archangel Voices, about an upcoming concert at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Danbury Connecticut. The event will take place on June 8, 2013, at 7:30 PM, and the cost is $45 per ticket ($20 for students), which includes a wine and cheese reception.
The story of the appearance of Christ to His disciples on the evening of the Resurrection, as well as eight days later, richly demonstrates the importance of gathering together on the Lord's Day. Fr. Thomas Soroka reminds us that our gathering together allows us to experience the coming eternal Kingdom here and now.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Roads From EmmausSermon May 19, 2013 (Sunday of the Myrrh-bearers)
- Ancient Faith PresentsDoxacon
- All Saints HomiliesTruth, Goodness, and Beauty
- From the AmvonLet God Arise and Let His Enemies Be Scattered
- Let Us AttendMay 26, 2013: Mark John 5:1-15, Told for Younger Children
- Let Us AttendMay 26, 2013: Mark John 5:1-15, Read for Older Children
- Orthodoxy LiveMay 19, 2013
- The ArenaDo Not be Absent to the Presence of Christ
- Ancient Faith PresentsInterpretation of Orthodox Sacred Music
- A Word from the Holy FathersSt. Clement of Rome on Living a God-Pleasing Life
- The PathThe Path - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Saint of the DayHoly Equals-to-the-Apostles Emperor Constantine and Helen, His Mother
- Coffee Cup CommentariesIncense?
- The Morning OfferingHe Who Is Without Sin
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteMayo 21, 2013